Hosting an Open House to Sell Your Beverly Hills Home
A great way to get more people interested in your Beverly Hills home is by hosting an open house. Read on to learn all the secrets to hosting your own.
If you’re hoping to sell your home, getting people in the door is crucial. How do you do this? With an open house!
An open house gives potential buyers the opportunity to walk through your home and really get a feel for it. Photos and videos on a website can help create interest. But in order to cement the deal, prospective buyers will want to be able to imagine themselves living in your home.
Hosting an open house can be stressful if you’re unprepared. Luckily, we’ve got some top tips to ensure your open house is a breeze. Read on to learn more.
The Steps to a Successful Open House
In order to have a successful open house and attract the right people, you need to do a little planning. Here’s how you can prepare:
Do Your Research
Before hosting your own open houses, visit some others in your surrounding area. Look at how the homeowners have staged their homes, and note the features that the real estate agents are pointing out.
This can be a great way to understand what buyers are looking for. You can even chat to potential buyers or listen to the comments they make as they walk through.
Advertising your open house is crucial to get feet in the door. Don’t bother with newspapers. Instead, focus your attention on the web- where most of your buyers will be hanging out.
Some people like to create Facebook pages for their home. If your friends and family members like and share your photos, you can get your home in front of their contacts as well.
There are also a number of open house directories and web classifieds that you can use with a descriptive ad to attract buyers.
Stage Your Home
Home staging is when you set the scene within your home. Here’s how it works:
- The first step is to have a huge clean out and get rid of anything you don’t need. If you’re planning to move soon this is a good idea anyway.
- Next, you need to clear up any clutter. Buyers need to be able to picture their furniture and personal items in your home, which means removing family photos, pictures drawn by your kids, and souvenirs from your last vacation.
- Your home also needs to be spotless. If you don’t have time to do a deep clean, it’s a good idea to hire someone who can get this done for you.
- Check for light switches that aren’t working, blown light bulbs, or draws that get stuck. Buyers will notice even the smallest issues.
- Place your furniture in a way that maximizes the space available. Remove any old or ragged looking furniture. You can also hire furniture for this specific purpose if you need to.
Be a Great Host
Finally, you need to be your best self on the day of the open home. Get visitors to write down their details on a sign-in sheet, and greet them with a friendly smile.
Let them know you’re available to answer any questions and invite them to tour through your home.
Are you selling your home? I can help you get an accurate estimate of its current value. Check out my free Maximum Value Home Audit today.