Miss Manners has probably not yet written a manual on the rules of etiquette for Los Angeles home-hunting, but such rules do exist for quiet a while now. When you follow them, you’ll endear yourself to your own agent as quickly as possible, and to the agents whose listings you’ll view, and to the homeowners you will hope we will accept your offer on their Los Angeles home.
Rule #1: Be on time for your appointment. If something was to happen that prevents you from being on time – like a wreck, blocking the freeway or a flat tire – call as quickly as possible!
And of course, if you need to cancel, call just as soon as you know that to be a fact.
Hunting for your Los Angeles home
The others, in no particular order:
- Wipe your feet or use booties that the agent or homeowner supplies. Don’t track in dirt!
- Control your children. If you’ve brought children along, keep them with you and enforce the “don’t touch” rule, even when there are tempting toys in the house
- Don’t bring your cat or dog inside. If it’s too hot for them to wait in the car, leave them at home or in a boarding kennel.
- If you’ve made an appointment to see a home, go inside even if the outside doesn’t appeal.
- Remember that the Los Angeles home owner has probably gone to some effort to get the home ready for you to view. And – you just MIGHT get a pleasant surprise.
- Don’t open the refrigerator unless it conveys with the house.Don’t help yourself to food or beverages. (I know, that goes without saying for most of us, but home buyers have been known to take a cold drink or a piece of fruit.)
- Don’t sit on the bed unless the house is being sold furnished.
- Don’t open dresser drawers.
- Ask permission before using the rest room.
- If you unlocked and open a window or door, put it back the way you found it so soon as your done examining the item.
- Don’t ever smoke in the house.
Do give your agent feedback. If you love the house, your feedback will be in the form of an offer. But if this isn’t the house for you, let your agent know about things you like and don’t like. This is information that will help him or her focus on the search for the perfect house as you continue to help search for one as well.
Are YOU ready to begin the search for the perfect Los Angeles home? Then get in touch. I’ll be happy to help you find the home that suits both your lifestyle and your budget.
Get the most up-to-date list of luxury properties in Neighborhood with pictures. Click the link to get your free list.