Sell Your Los Angeles Home Faster with Great Curb Appeal
- If prospects don’t like the looks of the exterior, they might decide not to come in at all. (Yes, I’ve had that happen.)
- If the yard and the exterior of the house look neglected and they decide to come in anyway, they’ll automatically be looking for proof that the interior of the house hasn’t been well maintained.
Conversely, if the outside says “Wow,” they’ll expect to see the same inside. And, strangely enough, we humans do see what we expect to see.
If your home is on the market, use this checklist to make sure your prospective buyers enter your front door expecting to see a well-maintained, attractive home – one that says “Wow!”
Curb Appeal Checklist:
The house itself:
- Power wash and repaint if necessary.
- Scrape and re-paint any and all peeling trim.
- Check the front door for scuffs and scratches – repaint with an appealing color or even replace it with a nicer looking door. Check the back door and repaint if necessary. If you have pets be sure to check for and remove muddy prints from the doors every day.
- Screen doors – make sure all screens are in good repair, hinges are tight, and the handle/ latch works properly.
- Window screens – wash, then repair any torn screens.
- Replace cracked windows.
- Clean the gutters.
- Check all window frames and door frames for spider webs. Those critters work fast, so if your family usually uses the back door, check the front door daily.
- Check your porch lights for unsightly bugs and burned-out bulbs
- Keep the grass watered, mowed, and edged.
- Trim or remove overgrown plantings – let people see the house!
- Add color with flower beds or potted plants on porch or steps.
- Add fresh mulch to the flower beds and around the shrubs and ornamental bushes.
- Check the fence and gate for sags. If it needs new paint, paint it.
- Add an attractive doormat.
- Pick up and put away/dispose of everything that doesn’t belong – check for and remove kids’ toys, flyers, candy wrappers, hoses, gardening tools, etc. every day.
- Power wash and remove oil stains from the driveway.
Are you considering a move in the near future and want to make your curb appeal say wow? Powerhouse Real Estate is here to help you before, during, and after the process.
Darryl has prepared an e-book “Home Seller’s Guide to Money Making Fix-Ups” that we would like to offer you or anyone you know.
It’s a seller market, home values are up, Instantly Get Your Home Value!
Visit our office at 433 N. Camden Dr. Suite 400, Beverly Hills, CA.